Oyster Stew with Rosemary Croutons
More From Oxmoor House
- 2 bacon slices, diced
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup vermouth
- 2 pints fresh oysters, undrained
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 (8-ounce) bottles clam juice
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Rosemary Croutons
- Cook first 3 ingredients in a Dutch oven over medium heat 12 minutes or until onion and celery are tender. Add vermouth, and simmer 1 minute. Add oysters.
- Whisk together flour and clam juice in a small bowl; whisk into soup. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer 1 minute or until oyster edges begin to curl. Reduce heat to medium-low; add half-and-half and next 4 ingredients. Cook over medium-low heat until thoroughly heated. (Do not boil.) Serve with Rosemary Croutons.
- Fix it Faster: Use prechopped fresh celery and onion that's now available in most grocery store produce departments.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews