Recipe from Harris Teeter's Fresh Catch Newsletter Oysters are healthy. They contain lots of vitamins, including C, D, B1, B1, B2 and B3. In terms of valuable minerals, just four medium-size oysters provide the recommended daily allowances of calcium, copper, iodine, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus and zinc.
- 4 1/2 pint(s) shucked oysters
- 1 quart(s) milk
- 1 cup(s) cream
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 8 saltines, crumbled
- 1 cup(s) steamed, chopped celery
- 1 little whole mace (optional)
- 1. Heat milk, cream, butter, saltine crumbs, steamed celery, salt and pepper in a medium stock pot. Do not allow milk to boil or scald.
- 2. Add oysters and cook until the oysters curl on the edges.
- 3. Ladle into soup bowls and serve hot.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note