More From Southern Living
- 1 (12-ounce) container fresh oysters, undrained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 cups whipping cream
- 2 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Chopped fresh chives
- Drain oysters, reserving liquor (liquid from oyster container); set aside.
- Melt butter in canola oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat; add onion, carrot, and celery, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add white wine and reserved oyster liquor; simmer 5 minutes, or until reduced by half. Stir in whipping cream, cubed potatoes, salt, and pepper; simmer 15 minutes or until cream is slightly thickened and potatoes are tender. Add oysters, and cook 3 minutes or just until edges begin to curl; stir in tomatoes.
- Remove from heat, and serve; sprinkle each serving evenly with crumbled bacon and chives.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes