Oyster and Spinach-stuffed Mushrooms
Howard L. Puckett
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 24 large, fresh mushrooms
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) container small raw oysters, cut into 24 pieces
- 1 (14-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Prepare spinach according to package directions; drain and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- Remove stems from mushrooms, discarding stems.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 12 mushrooms; sauté 4 minutes or until barely tender. Repeat procedure with remaining mushrooms and 2 tablespoons butter. Remove from skillet, and place cap-side up in a 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Place 1 oyster piece in each mushroom cap.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add artichoke and onion; sauté 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat, and stir in reserved spinach, sour cream, 1/3 cup cheese, and salt. Spoon mixture evenly into mushroom caps; sprinkle with remaining cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This