- 1 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped celery
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 (12-ounce) containers fresh select oysters, undrained
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 cup milk, scalded
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh parsley
How to Make It
Combine oil and butter in a large Dutch oven; cook over low heat, stirring until butter melts. Add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook over low heat 1 minute, stirring constantly.
Add celery and onion to Dutch oven; cook 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in oysters and liquid; cook an additional 10 minutes. Gradually add water; cook over medium heat 30 minutes. Stir in milk, salt, pepper, and parsley. Serve hot.