Oyster Shooter with Cucumber Sauce
Yield: Makes 2 dozen
- 1 (8-ounce) container plain yogurt
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 large shallot, finely minced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 dozen oysters in the shell
- 3 cups water
- Garnish: caviar
- Process first 3 ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. Cover and chill.
- Combine shallot and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Cover and chill.
- Shuck oysters, reserving oyster liquor. Add oysters and liquor to vinegar mixture; cover and chill 15 minutes. Place 1 oyster in a shot glass. Dollop with cucumber sauce. Repeat procedure with remaining oysters and cucumber sauce. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: If you prefer to poach the oysters, shuck them, reserving their liquid. Add oysters to boiling water in a large saucepan 3 to 5 minutes or until edges begin to curl. Drain and proceed with recipe.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers