- 2 (12-ounce) containers Standard oysters, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- Peanut oil
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf French bread
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup catsup
- Lettuce leaves
- Tomato slices
- Dill pickle slices
- Season oysters with salt and pepper; dredge in cornmeal.
- Heat 1 inch of oil to 350°. Add oysters and cook until golden brown; drain on paper towels.
- Cut French bread into 4 sections; slice each section open. Spread mayonnaise on one side and catsup on the other. Place 6 oysters on the 4 bottom slices. Top with lettuce, tomato, and pickle; add top 4 slices of bread. Place on individual serving plates.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This