Oyster Pan Roast with Horseradish Toast
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 30 fresh oysters
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups finely diced celery root
- 1 1/2 cups finely diced parsnips
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dry sherry
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Horseradish Toast
- Shuck oysters, reserving oyster liquor. Serve with Horseradish Toast.
- Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add celery root, parsnips, and 1/8 teaspoon salt; sauté 9 minutes or until soft. Add sherry, and increase heat to medium-high. Cook 8 minutes or until sherry is syrupy. Add cream, reduce heat to medium, and cook 23 minutes or until thickened. Add oysters and liquor, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper; cook 2 minutes or until edges of oysters begin to curl.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes