- 12 shucked oysters
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 (8-ounce) cartons egg substitute
- 1/4 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fennel bulb, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeño pepper
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- calories 236
- caloriesfromfat 23 %
- fat 6 g
- satfat 1.9 g
- monofat 2.5 g
- polyfat 0.9 g
- protein 26.1 g
- carbohydrate 20 g
- fiber 2.5 g
- cholesterol 29 mg
- iron 7 mg
- sodium 596 mg
- calcium 195 mg
How to Make It
Add water to a small saucepan, filling two-thirds full. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer. Add oysters, and cook 1 minute or until edges of oysters curl. Drain. Place the oysters in a small bowl; sprinkle with hot sauce.
Combine egg substitute, milk, salt, and black pepper in a medium bowl; stir well with a whisk.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the corn, onion, bell peppers, 2 tablespoons fennel, and jalapeño; cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add oysters, and sauté 1 minute. Add egg mixture; cook 4 minutes or until almost set.
Combine 2 tablespoons fennel and cheese. Wrap handle of skillet with foil; broil 1 minute. Top with cheese mixture; broil for 1 minute or until cheese melts. Serve warm.