Corn bread, wild rice, and oysters combine to create the kind of dressing that can transform a holiday dinner or any other meal of the year.
Yield: 10 servings (serving size: about 3/4 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 140
- Calories from fat: 13%
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 8.2g
- Carbohydrate: 22.3g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 25mg
- Iron: 4.1mg
- Sodium: 313mg
- Calcium: 43mg
- 1 1/2 cups corn bread stuffing mix (such as Pepperidge Farm)
- 1 (16-ounce) container standard oysters, undrained
- 4 hard-cooked large eggs
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Prepare stuffing according to package directions, omitting fat. Set aside.
- Drain oysters in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/3 cup oyster liquid.
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise; discard yolks. Finely chop egg whites.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add the onion, parsley, and bell pepper; cook for 3 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in oysters, and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the prepared stuffing, 1/3 cup oyster liquid, egg whites, wild rice, and remaining ingredients. Spread the dressing in an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake dressing at 350° for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note