- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle clam juice
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 quart whipping cream
- 2 (12-ounce) containers fresh oysters, drained
How to Make It
Melt butter in a large Dutch oven; add garlic and shallot, and sauté until tender.
Add flour; cook 1 minute. Add clam juice, sherry, and lemon juice; cook 2 minutes or until thickened .
Stir in Worcestershire sauce and next 3 ingredients; add oysters, and cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes or until done.