- 3 (12-ounce) containers Standard oysters, undrained
- 1 quart milk, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
How to Make It
Combine oysters, 1 cup milk, celery, and green pepper in container of an electric blender; process until smooth. Set aside.
Melt butter in a small Dutch oven over low heat; add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add remaining milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in salt and pepper. Gradually stir in reserved oyster mixture. Continue to cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated. (Do not boil.) Stir in Worcestershire sauce. Ladle into individual soup bowls; serve immediately.