- 1/2 (12-ounce) container fresh oysters
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Vegetable oil
- Caper Dipping Sauce
- Drain oysters, reserving 1/2 cup oyster liquor. Coarsely chop oysters; set aside. Combine flour and lemon rind in a small bowl.
- Combine reserved oyster liquor, milk, and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring until butter melts. Add flour mixture all at once, beating vigorously with a wooden spoon 1 minute or until mixture leaves sides of pan. Remove from heat. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating vigorously with a wooden spoon after each addition until smooth. Fold in oysters and chives.
- Pour oil to depth of 2 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 375°. Drop oyster mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls into oil. Fry, in batches, 2 to 3 minutes or until golden. Drain on wire racks. Serve immediately with Caper Dipping Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers