Community Recipe from
- 16 ounce(s) carton standard oysters
- 1/2 cup(s) green onions chopped
- 3 bottle(s) clam juice, 8 oz. each
- 1 tablespoon(s) parsley chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) red pepper
- 2 cup(s) skim milk
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour + 2 TBLS
- 2 can(s) artichoke hearts, 14 oz. each drained & quartered
- Drain oysters, reserve 1/4 cup juice and set aside. In a large saucepan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, saute green onions for 3 minutes.
- Add reserved oyster juice, clam juice, parsley, thyme and red pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl gradually add milk to flour, stirring with a wire whisk until blended Add to soup.
- Cook over medium heat six minutes or until thick, stirring constantly. Stir in oysters and artichoke hearts. Cook 3 minutes.
- Pour into bowls add pepper and serve.
- Makes 7 1-cup servings.
- by: Laura Creaville, June 2001 Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness
- 109 calories; 9 g protein; 15 g carbohydrates; 1.4 g fat
This recipe is a personal recipe added by NearlyEdible and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes