Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 16 ounce(s) carton standard oysters
- 1/2 cup(s) green onions chopped
- 3 bottle(s) clam juice, 8 oz. each
- 1 tablespoon(s) parsley chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) red pepper
- 2 cup(s) skim milk
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour + 2 TBLS
- 2 can(s) artichoke hearts, 14 oz. each drained & quartered
- Drain oysters, reserve 1/4 cup juice and set aside. In a large saucepan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, saute green onions for 3 minutes.
- Add reserved oyster juice, clam juice, parsley, thyme and red pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl gradually add milk to flour, stirring with a wire whisk until blended Add to soup.
- Cook over medium heat six minutes or until thick, stirring constantly. Stir in oysters and artichoke hearts. Cook 3 minutes.
- Pour into bowls add pepper and serve.
- Makes 7 1-cup servings.
- by: Laura Creaville, June 2001 Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness
- 109 calories; 9 g protein; 15 g carbohydrates; 1.4 g fat
This recipe is a personal recipe added by NearlyEdible and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note