Oxtail Vegetable Soup
- 2 oxtails, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (16-ounce) can cut okra, undrained
- 2 cups vegetable cocktail juice
- 4 carrots, scraped and thinly sliced
- 4 stalks celery, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 1/4 large head cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, snapped and strings removed
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup barley
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large stock pot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 3 hours.
- Remove oxtails. Remove meat; coarsely chop, discarding bones. Add meat to soup.
- Ladle soup into individual serving bowls; serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews