Oxtail Soup Mix Pot Roast
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 396
- Calories from fat: 52%
- Protein: 36g
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated fat: 9g
- Carbohydrate: 9.1g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Sodium: 506mg
- Cholesterol: 108mg
- 1 piece (about 3 lb.) beef rump
- 1 teaspoon salad oil (optional)
- 2 onions (1 lb. total), peeled and sliced
- 1 bottle (12 oz.) beer
- 1 package (1.8 oz.) oxtail soup mix
- 1. Wipe meat with a damp towel. Place a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat and add oil (if desired). Add meat and brown lightly all over, turning as needed, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Transfer meat to a bowl. Add onions and 2 tablespoons water to pan. Stir frequently until onions are lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- 3. Add beer, soup mix, and 1 cup water to pan; stir to release browned bits. Add beef and any juice. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer gently until meat is very tender when pierced, about 3 hours.
- 4. Lift meat onto a platter and keep warm. Let stand at least 10 minutes to slice neatly. Meanwhile, if needed, boil sauce, uncovered, over high heat, stirring occasionally, until reduced to 3 cups.
- 5. Slice roast and serve with gravy.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes