Owens Sausage Stew
Owens Sausage Stew is an easy-to-make, satisfying dish for the family.
Yield: about 3 quarts
- 2 pounds hot bulk pork sausage
- 1 (17-ounce) can green peas, undrained
- 1 (16-ounce) can cut green beans, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (12-ounce) can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 3 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 4 large baking potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, scraped and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Shape sausage into large patties. Cook patties in skillet over medium heat until done, turning once. Drain; break patties into large chunks. Set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large saucepan with water to cover; stir well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes. Reduce heat to low; stir in sausage, and simmer an additional 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note