Overstuffed Grilled Vegetable-Feta Sandwiches
Photo: Oxmoor House
Make sure your grill is nice and hot to create grill marks on the vegetables and bread.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 piece)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 283
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 11.6g
- Carbohydrate: 42.5g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 19mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 773mg
- Calcium: 158mg
- 1 1/3 cups refrigerated presliced yellow squash and zucchini mix
- 4 (1/4-inch-thick) slices red onion
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons light Northern Italian salad dressing with basil and Romano (such as Ken's Steak House Lite)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 (8-ounce) loaf French bread, halved lengthwise
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Prepare grill.
- 2. Coat squash mix and onion evenly with cooking spray. Place vegetables on grill rack; grill 4 minutes on each side or until crisp-tender and beginning to brown.
- 3. Place tomato in a medium bowl; add dressing and basil, tossing gently to coat. Add cooked vegetables to tomato mixture; toss well.
- 4. Coat cut sides of bread with cooking spray. Grill bread 1 minute on each side or until lightly toasted. Spoon vegetable mixture over bottom half of bread; sprinkle evenly with cheese. Top with remaining bread half. Press down lightly; cut crosswise into 4 equal pieces.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note