- 1 package active dry yeast (about 1 tbsp.)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1 tablespoon minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced rosemary
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 large egg plus 1 tbsp. lightly beaten egg, divided
- 1 cup milk or half-and-half
- 3 1/2 to 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- About 1 tbsp. coarse salt
- calories 192
- caloriesfromfat 18 %
- protein 5.5 g
- fat 3.8 g
- satfat 2 g
- carbohydrate 33 g
- fiber 1.2 g
- sodium 604 mg
- cholesterol 32 mg
How to Make It
In a large bowl, sprinkle yeast over 1/4 cup cool (70°) water. Let stand until dissolved, 5 minutes. Stir in sugar, table salt, herbs, butter, whole egg, and milk; add 3 1/4 cups flour and stir to moisten.
Knead dough on a lightly floured board until elastic and not sticky, 15 minutes; add flour as needed to prevent sticking. Shape into 12 equal balls; place in a well-buttered 9- by 13-in. pan.
Let dough rise in a warm place until doubled, 45 to 60 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°. Brush rolls with beaten egg and sprinkle with coarse salt. Bake until deep golden, 25 to 30 minutes.
Make ahead: Prepare through step 2; immediately wrap airtight (do not let rise) and chill up to 1 day. Proceed with step
Note: Nutritional analysis is per roll.