More From Food & Wine
- 3 1/2 pounds green cabbage, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 (1 1/4 pounds) Vidalia or other sweet onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 celery ribs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 3/4 cup peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- Working in batches, pulse the vegetables in a food processor until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl and toss well. Stir in the sugar.
- In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, oil, dry mustard, celery seeds and salt and bring to a boil. Pour the dressing over the slaw and toss well. Refrigerate overnight. Just before serving, drain the slaw and stir in the parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note