The bread soaked up all the egg mixture overnight and had great flavor. Would be great for guests, since you just pop it in the oven and forget about it. Really puffs up beautifully while cooking.
Overnight Oven-Baked French Toast
More From Southern Living
Chill: 8 Hours
Bake: 45 Minutes
- 1 (16-ounce) French bread loaf
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cut bread loaf into about 10 (3/4-inch-thick) slices.
- Spread butter evenly over one cut side of each bread slice.
- Arrange bread, butter side up, in an ungreased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Whisk together eggs and next 5 ingredients; pour over bread, pressing slices down. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Remove bread slices from baking dish, and place on two lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Overnight Oven-Baked French Toast Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch