Delicious. A hit in our house, just as it is.
Overnight Honey-Almond Multigrain Cereal
Steel-cut oats and barley soak up water overnight so they're ready to go in the morning. Use a big bowl because the grains will expand.
Yield: 1 serving (serving size: 1 bowl)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 388
- Fat: 7.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 11.2g
- Carbohydrate: 75g
- Fiber: 10g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 3.7mg
- Sodium: 300mg
- Calcium: 56mg
- 1/3 cup steel-cut oats (such as McCann's)
- 2 tablespoons uncooked pearl barley
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1. Combine oats, barley, and 1 1/4 cups water in a microwave-safe 4-cup bowl. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- 2. Uncover bowl, and stir in salt. Microwave, uncovered, at HIGH for 6 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed, stirring well after 3 minutes. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and nutmeg. Top with almonds and honey.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch