- 1 (8-ounce) French bread loaf
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen whole strawberries, thawed
- 4 ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar
- Garnish: powdered sugar
How to Make It
Cut bread into 13 (1-inch-thick) slices. Place bread slices in a large bowl.
Stir together eggs and next 3 ingredients. Pour egg mixture over bread. Press bread to absorb mixture. Cover and chill 8 to 10 hours.
Stir together strawberries, bananas, and sugar in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Arrange soaked bread slices over fruit mixture; pour any remaining egg mixture over bread slices. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Place dish on a baking sheet.
Bake at 450° for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Garnish, if desired.