Overnight Coffee Cake
If you decide you just can't wait to enjoy this coffee cake, skip letting it sit overnight and go ahead and bake as directed...it'll still be moist and delicious.
Yield: 12 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed and divided
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Combine first 5 ingredients, 1/2 cup brown sugar and one teaspoon cinnamon in a large mixing bowl; add buttermilk, butter and eggs. Blend on low speed with an electric mixer until moistened; increase speed to medium and blend 3 more minutes.
- Spoon batter into a greased and floured 13"x9" baking pan, set aside. Mix together remaining brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans; sprinkle over batter. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This