Overnight Cinnamon Raisin French Toast w/ Apple Filling
Community Recipe from
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 5 granny smith apples peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon(s) apple juice
- 16 ounce(s) loaf cinnamon raisin bread sliced
- 3 cup(s) milk
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 10 eggs
- 1 tablespoon(s) butter
- 2 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 1. Prepare apple filling with first 4 ingredients: Melt butter over medium heat in 12- inch skillet. Add apples and sugar; cook 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in apple juice; cook 1 more minute.
- 2. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Arrange 1/2 of bread slices, overlapping slightly.
- 3. In a medium bowl, whisk milk, salt, cinnamon and eggs. Pour 1/2 of egg mixture over bread. Set aside 1/4 of apple filling; cover and refrigerate to spoon on after baking. Spread remaining apple filling over bread in an even layer. Arrange remaining bread slices over apple layer. Pour remaining egg mixture over top bread layer. Press bread down with spatula so it absorbs the maximum amount of egg mixture. Dot bread with butter and sprinkle with sugar. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 4. To bake: Preheat oven to 325°F. Uncover dish and bake 50 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Reheat remaining apple mixture in microwave. Spoon over top to serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ChristyR93 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Overnight Cinnamon Raisin French Toast w/ Apple Filling Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch