- 3 English muffins, split and quartered
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine, melted
- 1 cup chopped lean ham (about 4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated fat-free milk
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg whites
- calories 280
- caloriesfromfat 29 %
- fat 8.9 g
- satfat 4.1 g
- monofat 3.1 g
- polyfat 0.8 g
- protein 20.4 g
- carbohydrate 29.8 g
- fiber 0.1 g
- cholesterol 133 mg
- iron 2.3 mg
- sodium 819 mg
- calcium 367 mg
How to Make It
Arrange muffin pieces, crust sides down, in an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray; drizzle with butter. Arrange ham and next 4 ingredients (ham through garlic) over muffin pieces.
Combine nutmeg and remaining ingredients in a bowl; stir well with a whisk. Pour over muffin mixture. Cover; chill 8 hours or overnight.
Preheat oven to 375°.
Uncover strata; bake at 375° for 50 minutes or until set. Let stand 10 minutes.