Oven roasted turky
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 20 pound turkey
- 1 tablespoon tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon sage
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 6 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 8 tablespoons corn oil
- 1. Rinse turkey and season inside and out with spices. Place on rack in roasting pan and refrigerate for 24 hours uncovered.
- 2. rub oil onto bird. Place in 300 degree oven breast side down for one hour. After one hour, turn turkey and cover breast with foil. Bake another 30 minutes. Remove foil.
- 3. When turkey has been in oven for 2 1/2 hours, start checking temp. by putting meat thermometer 2 inches into thigh meat. When the temp reaches 160 degrees, remove from oven.
- 4. Let rest for 20 minutes before carving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by march1954 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note