I love this recipe Made it today. I burnt it a little bit more in the oven for my taste. It really does make a difference and taste best with sweet onions. It was delicious!
Oven-Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Onions
Randy Mayor; Melanie J. Clarke
As an alternative to sweet potato casserole, try this 5-ingredient side dish recipe featuring chunks of sweet potato and onion that are seasoned and baked for 35 minutes.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 247
- Calories from fat: 19%
- Fat: 5.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 3.6g
- Carbohydrate: 47.8g
- Fiber: 6.5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 255mg
- Calcium: 53mg
- 4 medium peeled sweet potatoes, cut into 2-inch pieces (about 2 1/4 pounds)
- 2 medium Oso Sweet or other sweet onions, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic-pepper blend (such as McCormick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine all ingredients in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish, tossing to coat.
- Bake at 425° for 35 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Oven-Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Onions Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables