This is outstanding! I cooked a halibut steak and added olives to the tomato/onion topping but otherwise I followed the recipe. So easy and delicious.
Oven-Roasted Sea Bass with Couscous and Warm Tomato Vinaigrette
While the fish is roasting, prepare the couscous so you can serve it as soon as it comes out of the oven. The tomato dressing adds zesty flavor. For extra moistness, we used more liquid in our couscous than the package calls for.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 346
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 11.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 36.5g
- Carbohydrate: 25.2g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 777mg
- Calcium: 49mg
- 1 green onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2/3 cup uncooked couscous
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 4 (6-ounce) sea bass or halibut fillets (about 1 1/2 inches thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices lemon, halved (about 1 lemon)
- Whole chives (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut green onion into 3-inch pieces, and cut pieces into julienne strips.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds or until garlic begins to brown. Add the tomato and onions; reduce heat to medium, and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in 2 tablespoons lemon juice, vinegar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Keep warm.
- Combine 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and broth in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Gradually stir in couscous and chopped chives. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Cover and keep warm.
- Sprinkle fish with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Place fillets in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Place 4 halved lemon slices on each fillet. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve over couscous, and top with vinaigrette. Garnish with whole chives, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This