- 1 1/2 pounds blue, Yukon Gold, or red thin-skinned potatoes (or a mixture of colors), 2 inches wide
- 1 1/2 pounds short, slender carrots (1/2 in. thick), ends trimmed
- 1 1/2 pounds pearl onions (3/4 in. wide)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh-ground pepper
- 1/3 cup dry red wine
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- calories 117
- caloriesfromfat 20 %
- protein 2.3 g
- fat 2.5 g
- satfat 0.3 g
- carbohydrate 21 g
- fiber 2.8 g
- sodium 33 mg
- cholesterol 0.1 mg
How to Make It
Scrub potatoes and carrots. Cut potatoes in half. Peel onions. In a 12- by 15-inch roasting pan, mix potatoes, carrots, onions, oil, thyme, rosemary, and pepper.
Roast vegetables in a 450° oven, stirring occasionally, until tender when pierced, 40 to 50 minutes.
Transfer pan from oven to rangetop and set over medium heat. Add red wine, balsamic vinegar, and chicken broth. Stir until brown drippings are scraped free and vegetables are coated, 2 to 4 minutes.
Spoon vegetables into a bowl. Add salt to taste.