So easy and very delicious!
Oven-roasted Potatoes and Carrots with Thyme
Tender spring-dug potatoes and carrots need very little fussing over. Simply roast them and toss with thyme and butter for an easy side dish.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 232
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Protein: 5g
- Fat: 5.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Carbohydrate: 41g
- Fiber: 6.2g
- Sodium: 228mg
- Cholesterol: 26mg
- 2 pounds baby Yukon Gold potatoes (see Notes), scrubbed and halved lengthwise
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled, halved lengthwise, then halved crosswise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat and add potatoes. Boil potatoes until barely tender when pricked with a fork, about 5 minutes, then drain them completely and spread in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. Add carrots, drizzle vegetables with olive oil, season generously with salt and pepper, and gently toss to coat evenly. Bake, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- 2. Transfer vegetables to a large bowl and add thyme and butter; gently toss to coat evenly. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Fingerling potatoes, available at large grocery stores and farmers' markets, would be a nice substitute for the Yukon Golds. You can make this dish up to 5 hours ahead, then reheat in a 350° oven just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This