I made this as a side dish for Thanksgiving and everyone thought they were great. Next time I make this I will try it on the grill. Its a keeper.
Oven-Roasted Parsnips and Carrots
Roast parsnips and carrots for a quick and easy side to a family meal. This recipe makes a flavorful dish and only requires 5 ingredients.
Yield: 8 Servings
Cost per Serving: $.41
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 113
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 0g
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 192mg
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and trimmed
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled and trimmed
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Cut carrots and parsnips in half lengthwise and into 2-inch or 3-inch lengths and so all pieces are same thickness. Toss carrots and parsnips with 2 Tbsp. oil, season with salt, and spread in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Roast until vegetables begin to brown, 20 to 25 minutes, shaking pan 2 or 3 times during cooking time.
- Mix remaining oil, garlic and thyme. Remove baking sheet from oven; drizzle mixture over vegetables and toss. Roast until vegetables are well-browned, 5 minutes more.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables