Oven Roasted Chicken
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 medium potato, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4" slices
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 3-4 pound(s) broiler-fryer chicken
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 clove(s) garlic, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- 1. Assemble ingredients prior to recipe preparation.
- 2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 3. Arrange potato, onion and carrots in single layer in bottom of deep dish baker.
- 4. Pour water over vegetables.
- 5. Rinse chicken with cold water; pat dry with paper towels.
- 6. Place chicken, breast side up, on top of vegetables.
- 7. Combine oil and garlic; brush over chicken.
- 8. Sprinkle evenly with rosemary, thyme, salt and black pepper.
- 9. Tent loosely with aluminum foil, sealing edges tightly around baker.
- 10. Bake 45 minutes; carefully remove foil. Continue baking and additional 15-30 minutes or until thermometer registers 180 degrees F in meaty part of thigh and juices run clear.
- 11. Remove from oven. Transfer chicken and vegetables to serving platter.
- 12. Let stand 10 minutes before carving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by vermit and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Oven Roasted Chicken Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes