Oven-Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Honey adds a touch of sweetness to Oven-Roasted Brussels Sprouts.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Southern Living
Total: 40 Minutes
- 4 ounces country ham, thinly sliced
- 7 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 pounds yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. Heat a 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan in oven 10 minutes.
- 3. Sauté ham in 3 Tbsp. hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp; remove with a slotted spoon, and drain on paper towels.
- 4. Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in skillet over medium-high heat; add onions, and cook, stirring occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes or until light brown and tender. Stir in honey, next 2 ingredients, and 1 tsp. salt.
- 5. Toss sprouts with remaining 2 Tbsp. olive oil, 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, and remaining 1 tsp. salt. Place sprouts, cut sides down, in hot jelly-roll pan, and bake 20 to 25 minutes. Toss with ham and caramelized onions.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This