- 4 ounces country ham, thinly sliced
- 7 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 pounds yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 425°.
Heat a 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan in oven 10 minutes.
Sauté ham in 3 Tbsp. hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp; remove with a slotted spoon, and drain on paper towels.
Heat 2 Tbsp. oil in skillet over medium-high heat; add onions, and cook, stirring occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes or until light brown and tender. Stir in honey, next 2 ingredients, and 1 tsp. salt.
Toss sprouts with remaining 2 Tbsp. olive oil, 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, and remaining 1 tsp. salt. Place sprouts, cut sides down, in hot jelly-roll pan, and bake 20 to 25 minutes. Toss with ham and caramelized onions.