Oven-roasted Black Cod
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Linda Hirst
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1 pound fingerling potatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 bacon slices
- 1 (12-ounce) black cod fillet (about 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick)
- Garnish: fresh chives
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
- 2. Microwave potatoes in a large glass bowl covered with plastic wrap on HIGH 4 minutes. Drain potatoes, if necessary, and stir in garlic, salt, pepper, and 1 teaspoon olive oil. Set aside.
- 3. Cook bacon in a large cast iron or ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings in skillet. Add remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil to skillet over medium-high heat; add cod fillet, and cook 1 minute on each side.
- 4. Spoon reserved potatoes around cod; bake 3 minutes.
- 5. Remove from oven, and spread reserved butter mixture over fish. Return to oven; bake 5 more minutes or just until fish flakes with a fork and is opaque in the center. Sprinkle with cooked bacon; garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note