This sandwich is awesome. I've made it a few times for friends and family and everyone loves it. I use turkey bacon becuase it's pre-cooked, which makes prep faster, and it's lower in fat.
Oven-Grilled Loaded Turkey Melts
More From Southern Living
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and mashed
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 bread slices
- 1 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 4 tomato slices
- 4 sliced red onion rings
- 8 bacon slices, cooked
- 1/4 pound smoked mozzarella cheese slices
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- Stir together avocado, mayonnaise, and garlic powder. Spread avocado mixture on one side of 4 bread slices. Top evenly with turkey, tomato, onion, bacon, cheese, and remaining bread slices.
- Spread half of butter on one side of each sandwich. Place buttered sandwiches on a baking sheet. Place a second baking sheet on top of sandwiches. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until golden.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches