My first Cooking Light recipe and still my favorite! Such a wonderful side, tastes incredible and looks so great.
Oven Fries with Crisp Sage Leaves
As beautiful to look at as they are great to eat, these golden slices of potato are scented and subtly flavored with crisp cooked sage. They are an incredible snack or a perfect savory side to any meal, from chicken to filet mignon. You can double this recipe and use two baking sheets. For even browning, rotate the baking sheets halfway through the first 40 minutes of baking.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 205
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Fat: 4.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 3.5g
- Carbohydrate: 38.2g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 326mg
- Calcium: 15mg
- 2 small baking potatoes (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 sage leaves
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cut each baking potato lengthwise into 6 equal slices. Place potato slices in a large bowl, and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt; toss well to coat potato slices. Remove potato slices from bowl. Reserve remaining olive oil and salt in bowl; set aside. Arrange potato slices in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 40 minutes or until the potato slices are golden brown on the bottom. Remove potato slices from oven (leave oven at 400°).
- Add sage leaves to reserved olive oil and salt in bowl. Gently rub sage leaves along bottom of bowl, coating both sides with olive oil and salt. Working with one potato slice at a time, lift potato slice from baking sheet with a thin spatula. Lay 1 sage leaf on baking sheet, and cover with potato slice, browned side down. Repeat with remaining potato slices and sage leaves.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Using a thin spatula, carefully turn potato slices over with leaves on top. Bake at 400° for an additional 10 minutes or until bottoms begin to brown. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note