Oven Fried tilapia or white fish
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1-1/2 pound(s) Tiplapia filets
- 2/3 cup(s) flour
- 3/4 cup(s) plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup(s) cornmeal
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) creole seasoning or blacken seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt optional
- 1 teaspoon(s) parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon(s) thyme
- 1 teaspoon(s) dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) white pepper optional, for heat
- 2 teaspoon(s) sweet basil
- 2 tablespoon(s) parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoon(s) milk
- Rinse tilapia fillets with cold water; pat dry.
- Put flour in a shallow bowl or plate.
- In another shallow bowl or pie plate, combine bread crumbs, cornmeal, seasonings, parmesan and herbs.
- In another shallow bowl or pie plate, whisk eggs with cream or milk.
- Dip fillets into the flour, then into the egg mixture, then dip in seasoned crumb mixture. Place on a baking sheet sprayed with butter-flavored nonstick cooking spray.
- If desired drizzle each fillet with a little melted butter.
- Bake at 400° for 10 to 15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- As a general rule, its about 15 minutes per inch of thickness.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mambaza and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Oven Fried tilapia or white fish Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes