Delicious! My husband and I couldn't stop eating this great treat. What a great alternative to deep fried potatoes. The salt and sweet blend went well together. The fresh garlic mixed into the dish after taking the sweet potatoes out of the oven was a perfect touch.
Oven-Fried Sweet Potatoes
Howard L. Puckett
The sweet potato keeps its superfood status in this healthy recipe for oven fries. A sprinkling of grated orange peel adds a zesty note.
Yield: 7 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 176
- Calories from fat: 13%
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 2.5g
- Carbohydrate: 36.6g
- Fiber: 4.5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 104mg
- Calcium: 35mg
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; toss gently to coat. Arrange sweet potato slices in a single layer on a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until tender, turning the potato slices after 15 minutes.
- Combine parsley, orange rind, and garlic in a small bowl; stir well. Sprinkle parsley mixture over sweet potato slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Oven-Fried Sweet Potatoes Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables