- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon drained chopped capers
- 2 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Creole mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- 15 small okra pods, trimmed and halved lengthwise (about 6 ounces)
- 1/2 cup fat-free buttermilk, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 10 ounce medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt-free Cajun/Creole seasoning
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 top-split hot dog buns, toasted
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced iceberg lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, cut in half lengthwise and thinly sliced
- calories 396
- fat 15.7 g
- satfat 1.4 g
- monofat 8.5 g
- polyfat 4.8 g
- protein 18 g
- carbohydrate 46 g
- fiber 4 g
- cholesterol 90 mg
- iron 3 mg
- sodium 754 mg
- calcium 194 mg
How to Make It
Place a jelly-roll pan in oven. Preheat oven to 450° (leave pan in oven).
Combine first 7 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well. Chill until ready to use.
Combine okra and 2 tablespoons buttermilk; toss to coat. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt; toss to coat.
Place shrimp in a medium bowl. Sprinkle with flour; toss well to coat. Drizzle with remaining 6 tablespoons buttermilk, and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; toss to coat. Drain okra and shrimp through a sieve; discard liquid.
Combine cornmeal and Cajun/Creole seasoning in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add okra and shrimp; seal bag, and shake well to coat.
Carefully remove pan from oven; drizzle with oil, tilting pan to spread oil. Remove shrimp and okra from cornmeal, shaking off excess; arrange in a single layer on pan. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes; carefully stir and turn over. Bake 4 minutes or until done.
Spread about 1 tablespoon rémoulade on one side of hot dog buns; divide lettuce and tomato evenly among buns. Divide shrimp mixture evenly among buns.