- 4 slices whole-wheat bread
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon regular or smoked paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 large egg whites, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breast halves (1 pound), each halved crosswise
- 2 skinless boneless chicken thighs (about 1/3 pound)
- 2 small chicken drumsticks (about 1/2 pound), skinned
- Lemon wedges and parsley for serving
- calories 470
- fat 10 g
- satfat 2 g
- monofat 3 g
- polyfat 2 g
- protein 53 g
- carbohydrate 42 g
- fiber 6 g
- cholesterol 119 mg
- iron 4 mg
- sodium 488 mg
- calcium 75 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°. Place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs form. Spread breadcrumbs in a single layer on a shallow baking pan lined with parchment paper. Bake in middle of oven until one shade darker (about 5 minutes), stirring once. Using parchment paper, pour breadcrumbs into a shallow bowl to cool. Reline baking pan with paper, and lightly coat paper with cooking spray; set aside to use for chicken. Once breadcrumbs are cool, add Parmesan, salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder.
Combine yogurt, egg whites, and mustard in a shallow bowl, whisking well; set aside.
Pat chicken dry. Dip chicken into yogurt mixture to coat, letting some excess drip off; coat both sides of chicken in breadcrumb mixture, patting to adhere.
Arrange coated chicken in a single layer on prepared baking pan; lightly coat tops of chicken with cooking spray. Bake in middle of oven until cooked through (35-40 minutes). Arrange on a platter with lemon wedges and parsley.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.