Oven fried okra
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Canola cooking spray
- 20 ounce(s) frozen sliced okra thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 2 cup(s) yellow corn meal
- Preheat oven to 475 F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray the foil generously with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Spray the inside of a gallon-sized food storage bag with cooking spray. Add the okra, a half-teaspoon of salt, and the pepper. Close the bag and shake to blend everything well. Let the okra rest for ten minutes to extract juice from the okra.
- Add the cornmeal to the bag and shake vigorously to coat the okra. Let the bag sit for ten minutes; then, shake it up again.
- Using a wide mesh strainer or a colander over a large bowl, remove the okra in batches and shake off excess cornmeal into the bowl, discarding the leftover meal.
- Place the coated okra on the sheet pan and continue the process until all the okra is on the pan and the pieces are not touching each other. Spray the okra well with cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and stir the okra, trying to turn over as many pieces as possible. Lightly spray them again. Return to the oven for another 20 minutes. Remove from oven and lightly spray the pieces again.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mandy01 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Oven fried okra Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables