- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 (14-ounce) can light coconut milk
- 4 (4-ounce) chicken thighs, skinned
- 4 (4-ounce) chicken drumsticks, skinned
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/2 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- calories 256
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- fat 8.6 g
- satfat 4.4 g
- monofat 1.6 g
- polyfat 1.2 g
- protein 27.7 g
- carbohydrate 15.6 g
- fiber 0.8 g
- cholesterol 103 mg
- iron 1.6 mg
- sodium 464 mg
- calcium 18 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 3 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator 1 1/2 hours, turning bag occasionally.
Preheat oven to 400°.
Combine panko, flaked coconut, salt, and black pepper in a shallow dish. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Dredge chicken, 1 piece at a time, in panko mixture. Place chicken on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Lightly coat chicken with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully turn chicken over; bake an additional 30 minutes or until done.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.