This was easy enough to make and it was quick enough for a weeknight meal. I served it with pasta and a green salad. I also used thicker chicken breasts, so they needed to be baked a bit longer. But they were very tasty.
Oven-Fried Chicken Parmesan
Serve a classic family-favorite for an easy weeknight meal in minutes. Pair with an easy starch and a small green salad.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 breast half)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 401
- Fat: 16.9g
- Saturated fat: 6.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 44.4g
- Carbohydrate: 15.9g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 95mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 719mg
- Calcium: 352mg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup jarred tomato-basil pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Combine first 3 ingredients in a shallow dish; place egg whites in a bowl. Place panko in a shallow dish. Dredge 1 breast half in flour mixture. Dip in egg whites; dredge in panko. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken, flour mixture, egg whites, and panko.
- 3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan; cook 2 minutes. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Turn chicken over; cook 2 minutes. Coat chicken with cooking spray; place pan in oven. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Turn chicken over; top each breast half with 2 tablespoons sauce, 2 tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano, and 3 tablespoons mozzarella. Bake 6 minutes or until chicken is done.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes