This was a great, quick dinner for the family. The coatings kept the chicken so juicy and tender. 4 out of 5 in my house would like to have it again- the 5th is a vegetarian =)
More From Southern Living
Total: 45 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 313
- Fat: 4.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 27.3g
- Carbohydrate: 39.7g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 50mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 275mg
- Calcium: 208mg
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breasts (1 lb.)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 egg whites
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 3/4 cup crushed cornflakes cereal
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Whisk egg whites just until foamy.
- 2. Place a wire rack coated with cooking spray in a 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Stir together cornflakes, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning.
- 3. Dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess. Dip chicken in egg white, and dredge in cornflake mixture. Lightly coat chicken on each side with cooking spray; arrange chicken on wire rack.
- 4. Bake at 425° for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and done.
- Try This Twist!
- Chicken Parmigiana: Top each chicken breast with your favorite pasta sauce and shredded reduced-fat cheese. Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes