I made this tonight for my boyfriend. I do not eat fried chicken but have tried making it for him several times and he said this was the best yet. It came out crunchy and juicy. I will definitely make it again. It was pretty simple and left time for making side dishes during baking. Will add a bit more salt to the flour next time (his personal preference). Thanks for a great recipe!
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 (4-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces*
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons salt, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly ground pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1. Whisk together hot sauce and buttermilk in a shallow bowl. Place chicken into mixture, turn to coat, and chill 30 minutes or up to 1 hour.
- 2. Preheat oven to 425°. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients in a bowl. Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large, deep skillet until sizzling hot (about 350°).
- 3. Remove chicken from buttermilk mixture, 1 piece at a time, shaking off excess. Dredge in flour mixture, and place in hot skillet. Cook in batches, 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- 4. Place fried chicken on a wire rack in a baking sheet, and bake 40 to 45 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from oven, and place on paper towels to drain. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired, and serve hot or at room temperature.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note