In most breaded fish dishes, the fish is coated with a flour or cornmeal mixture and fried, making the fish high in both carbs and fat. In this recipe, the coating is whole wheat cereal crumbs, and the fish is oven-fried.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 298
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 13.6g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 29.7g
- Carbohydrate: 14g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Iron: 11.4mg
- Sodium: 376mg
- Calcium: 602mg
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flake cereal crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) farm-raised catfish fillets
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- Lemon wedges
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Line a baking sheet with foil. Coat with cooking spray.
- 3. Combine crumbs, salt, and red pepper in a small bowl; stir well. Dip fillets in beaten egg white; dredge in crumb mixture. Place fillets on pan. Bake at 450° for 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
- carbo rating: 12
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note