The cornmeal wasn't a good choice. It was gritty.
Oven-Fried Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Thighs
This easy chicken dinner calls for just 4 ingredients, plus salt and pepper. Dredge juicy chicken thighs in seasoned cornmeal, wrap in bacon strips, and bake for a super simple weeknight dinner that's nearly hands-free.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour
- 8 bacon slices
- 8 skinned and boned chicken thighs
- 1 cup cornmeal*
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Arrange bacon slices on paper towels on a microwave-safe plate in microwave oven. Top with paper towel. Microwave at HIGH 30 seconds to 1 minute or just until bacon is limp and heated through. (Do not fully cook bacon.)
- Wrap each chicken thigh with a piece of bacon; secure with a wooden pick, if desired.
- Combine cornmeal and next 3 ingredients in a bowl. Dredge chicken in cornmeal mixture. Arrange on a wire rack coated with cooking spray in a lightly greased broiler or roasting pan.
- Bake at 350º for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until chicken is done.
- *Cornmeal mix may be substituted for cornmeal.
You can buy the thighs already boned at the supermarket. This recipe is adapted from Appalachian Home Cooking: History, Culture, and Recipes by Mark F. Sohn (University Press of Kentucky, $26).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note