Oven-Dried Tomato on Toast Rounds
These roasted tomatoes are a great alternative to common sun-dried tomatoes. If you like, serve the roasted tomatoes over polenta, pork, chicken, or duck.
Lycopene count: 21 milligrams per serving.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 114
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 3.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 3.2g
- Carbohydrate: 17.1g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 266mg
- Calcium: 14mg
- 12 plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and cut in half lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme, oregano)
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 24 (1/2-inch-thick) slices French bread baguette, toasted
- 24 fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 250°.
- Arrange tomato halves in a single layer in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with herbs, garlic, pepper, and salt. Bake at 250° for 4 hours. Place one dried tomato half on top of each toast round. Garnish each toast round with 1 basil leaf.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note